Subscribe to the VG247 newsletter!
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review: Complicated, Deep, Perception, Reality Release dates: every game confirmed for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch in 2020 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Prestige Here’s when you can pre-load and play Cyberpunk 2077
Galarian Mr. Mime, and its Evolution, Mr. Rime will soon be coming to the world of Pokemon Go in a ticketed Special Research story event.
Whether or not you have a ticket or not for the Pokemon Go event, you’ll be able to encounter Pokemon via Incense and more during the event weekend.
Galarian Mr. Mime’s arrival will inspire some Pokemon such as Jynx, Swinub, and Spoink to be attracted to Incense.
From Friday, December 18 at 10am to Monday, December 21 at 8pm local time, you can enjoy the following features, whether or not you have a ticket for the Galarian Mr. Mime Special Research story event.
- Pokemon such as Jynx, Swinub, Spoink, Woobat, Cubchoo, and more will be attracted to Incense more frequently. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Cubchoo.
- Incense will be more effective at attracting Pokemon Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
Special Research story event
Strange things have been happening and Professor Willow needs your help to get to the bottom of what could be causing his troubles. You can purchase a ticket to gain access to this unique limited-time experience and complete Special Research to earn an encounter with Galarian Mr. Mime.
Subscribe to the VG247 newsletter
Get all the best bits of VG247 delivered to your inbox every Friday!
You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into Mr. Rime.
Date and Time
Saturday, December 19 at 10am to Sunday, December 20 at 8pm local time.
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access, and this event comes with the opportunity to access or earn the following.
- You’ll be able to access a new Special Research line featuring an encounter with a Galarian Mr. Mime—its first appearance in the game. You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy by the end of the Special Research story to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into a Mr. Rime. You’ll earn a special event medal. Complete Special Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokemon such as Alolan Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Whismur, Chimecho, and Snorunt. You’ll earn a brand-new avatar pose inspired by Mr. Mime. Completing Special Research will earn you three Incense, three Rare Candies, 30 Ultra Balls, three Premium Battle Passes, one Poffin, two Glacial Lure Modules, three Super Incubators, and three Star Pieces. Exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Jynx, Lapras, Woobat, and Cubchoo.
- To receive the Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Special Research, you must open Pokemon Go during the event After you’ve received the Special Research, you can complete it at any time. The ticket is $7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency), not including any taxes or fees, and can be purchased from the in-game shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokeCoins. Once tickets become available to purchase, they’ll remain available for purchase until Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 6pm local time. Stay tuned for when tickets will become available for purchase. The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable.
How to purchase a ticket and access the Special Research
Tickets for the Special Research story event will be available to purchase a few days before the event. To purchase a ticket and access the event’s Special Research story, follow the steps below.
Tap the Learn More button in the shop. Tap the Buy button. You’ll then receive a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for the Galarian Mr. Mime event. After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag. Before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during the event, you’ll receive access to the ticketed experience and the Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Special Research. Once you receive the Special Research, you’ll be able to finish it at any time. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research before the Special Research story event concludes on Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time.